Dakota is a lifestyle brand developed for the independent thinking, likeminded, aspirational and discerning traveller. As a dynamic young company, we are a small company who think big. Our hotels have pulse, our brand has edge, and our team has no boundaries to the level of success they can attain.
Started in 2004, it is the enthusiasm and commitment of our team which has propelled our ongoing success. We attract individuals who are passionate about service, and are for people that like to do the simple things brilliantly. Our brand currently has two properties; Dakota Edinburgh and Dakota Eurocentral, with two properties confirmed to open in 2016.
We currently have a vacancy for the role of Social Media Coordinator which will be based in Dakota Eurocentral but operating digital platforms for all properties within the group. Directly reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the role carries the following key responsibilities:
· Be responsible for creating witty, well written, quirky social media updates and responses to guests via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blogging websites.
Girls enjoying a night in Dakota, Glasgow
· Develop and create witty, quirky and on topic Facebook and Twitter uploads for the individual property specific social media accounts of Dakota Edinburgh and Dakota Glasgow
· Maintain a comprehensive knowledge, both theoretical and practical, of all the relevant social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, plus Tumblr and SoundCloud
· Have continuous communication and coordination between properties
· Connect guests of Dakota and social media users with relevant, current stories through a platform which is indicative of Dakota i.e. reflects the lifestyle brand
· To be proactive and innovative in linking our social media performance with our traditional marketing platforms, and developing methods of tracking ROI from platforms to our website
· Develop and test new forms of content, from photography for social media platforms to text and copy for potential blog or Tumblr formats relevant to different aspects of the hotels
To attain the position of Social Media Coordinator, we ask that you have achieved a BA/MA or above, preferably in the areas of: Communications, Marketing, Media Studies, Journalism, Literature, Art, Design or Photography.
You must have a keen interest in photography, be proficient on Photoshop / photo editing software, and be an avid personal user of social media platforms.